Greetings from the Provost
SUMMER HOURS: 7:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m. (Monday-Thursday), 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Friday)
On behalf of the Deans, Faculty, and Staff in Academic Affairs, welcome to Eastern Kentucky University! EKU has a highly qualified faculty who are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
We particularly place a priority on teaching. Faculty choose EKU because they love to teach and to engage students in the learning process. In fact, we say that “Excellence in Teaching is Job One,” and our students agree! According to the 2016 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), our seniors particularly commended EKU's effective teaching practices.
Like Plutarch, we believe that “the mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.” EKU is committed to graduating students with the skills to think critically and creatively and communicate effectively. EKU’s applied programs strike an effective balance between theory and practice in their discipline; and Eastern students can select from over 100 programs, each with an applied component.
The future holds great opportunities for EKU. Our 2015-2020 Strategic Plan – Make No Little Plans is in full force, and Academic Affairs is excited to share the following major initiatives:
- Focus on high-impact learning strategies as established in our ACCT (Applied Critical and Creative Thinking) to enhance students’ success
- Build on EKU’s STEM-H “gold-standard” success
- Implement QEP-2017, EKU’s next Quality Enhancement Plan
- Increase access to higher education for the adult population in our region and in Kentucky who desire to complete their degrees
- Support CPE’s Strategic Agenda for student success and enhancing cultural competency
Explore all that Eastern has to offer and learn how you can begin your journey at EKU!